MedCare Clinics in Niagara Falls region is looking for a full-time and/or part-time locum Family Physician to join their Family Practice/Walk-in clinic.
Physicians can see patients on a scheduled or walk-in basis with flexible scheduling. No on call shifts. Flexible start dates and hours of work are scheduled based on the physician’s availability for morning, afternoon and weekend shifts. Clinic hours of operation are Monday to Friday, 8am – 7pm and weekends 8am – 5pm.
The clinic uses Accuro EMR, and offers billing support. Payment structure is via a guaranteed monthly salary with no overhead cost to the physician. The range of potential full-time annual earnings is $265,000-$375,000.
Family physician responsibilities include:
- See patients on a scheduled or walk-in basis (guaranteed patients).
- Examine patients and take their histories, order laboratory tests, X-rays and other diagnostic procedures.
- Consult with other medical practitioners to evaluate patients’ physical and mental health.
- Prescribe medications and treatment regimens.
- Vaccinate patients to prevent and treat diseases.
- Advise patients on health care.
- Communicate health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention to patients.
- Provide counselling and support to patients and their families on a wide range of health and lifestyle issues.
- Experience using electronic medical records, administering vaccinations, and the ability to perform basic office procedures is preferred, but not required.
Incentives Available: Guaranteed monthly salary, no overhead costs, no EMR fees, billing support provided, health and dental benefits available for physicians and their families.
Clinic Details: The clinic has been fully renovated to provide a clean working environment with computers in each exam room and a dedicated physician office for completing notes. The facility also has onsite pharmacy, blood lab, cardiology testing, Ob/Gyn, Women’s Health Management.
Their dedicated team includes 4 family physicians, an Ob/Gyn, Cardiologist, Internal Medicine Specialist, medical office assistants, clinical assistants, and pharmacists.
Located in a busy, high traffic area with many amenities including grocery stores, banks and schools, the facility benefits from having residential areas nearby to ensure high patient volume.
- College of Family Physicians Canada (CFPC) Certified
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) Full License