Come work as a Nurse Case Manager with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join the Assisted Supportive Living team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Case Manager, you will:
- Manages a select population of eligible clients who are chronically ill or have long term physical disabilities.
- Uses chronic disease management and self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, address issues or variances from the plan of care in collaboration with the appropriate physician, interdisciplinary team member and/or community agency.
- Provides continuity of care across the continuum by liaising with interdisciplinary team members, coordinating, implementing clinical interventions, evaluating client outcomes based on client goals for care, coordinating ongoing care and supporting transition.
- Develops and maintains formal General Practitioner Partnerships as appropriate and in accordance with CHA service delivery model.
- Acts as a clinical resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to clients with complex health care needs.
- Consults, confers, and collaborates with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or a Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three years’ recent clinical nursing experience working in acute care with a medical and/or geriatric focus, recent case management or home care nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Local area travel requires the use of personal vehicle. Valid BC Driver’s License.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of client care.
- Demonstrated skill in physical assessment and chronic disease management.
- Demonstrated competency in psychomotor skills required within the designated scope of nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of BCCNM standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in client care.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of a interdisciplinary team.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to use research and methodology in practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating groups that include professionals/clients and or clients/family members.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate clients and families.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of supplies and materials utilized in the provision of community based nursing service.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system and email system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staffEquity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Apply on the Vancouver Coastal Health website.