Come work as a Nurse Clinician/CRN with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Transition Services team in Vancouver, BC as a Nurse Clinician. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Clinician/CRN with VCH you will:
- Work within a client/patient and family model of care with acute, chronic and palliative populations and within the context of the vision and values of the organization.
- Support nursing staff to provide quality patient/client care for a designated population by providing information based on specialized theory/practice, assessing clinical skills and/or participating in direct patient/client and family care as appropriate.
- Facilitate efficient patient/client flow and access within and between units/areas/programs.
- Collaborate with clinical practice leads to coordinate interdisciplinary staff education that supports a collaborative practice model within the designated area.
- Take corrective action with respect to individual and group learning needs and ensures mechanisms are in place to support interprofessional staff in continuous development.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent, related experience relevant to the designated clinical area, including one (1) year’s recent, related teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Successful completion of two (2) levels of the Vancouver Coastal Health Educator Pathway Program or Provincial Instructor’s Diploma or equivalency.
- Valid BC Driver’s License as local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of adult education principles and practice within a client/family centered care model.
- Knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the relevant College.
- Knowledge of the Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice.
- Knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home and community care.
- Knowledge of clinical practice standards and theoretical educational frameworks and their role in client care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical practice related to care management and interventions and care of the designated client populations.
- Basic knowledge of nursing standardized tests and measures.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated client populations.
- Knowledge of acute, chronic disease, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Knowledge of community resources available for client/family support and related health services.
- Knowledge of other health care professions and their role in client care.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures and standards of care across the continuums.
- Knowledge of research, quality improvement, evaluation process and methodologies.
- Knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Demonstrated ability to assess learning needs and apply appropriate methodologies based on individual learning styles.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and lead.
- Demonstrated ability to use critical thinking in facilitation of learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
- Demonstrated excellence in communication within an interprofessional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to function as an effective team member, leader and facilitator.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Lean Management principles and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to promote a creative learning environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.