Come work as a Primary Care Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at the Richmond East Urgent Primary Care Centre (UPCC). Apply today to join our team!
As a Primary Care Nurse with VCH you will:
- Triage, assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients and families who require high priority care within 24 hours.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with primary care providers in accordance with the local Community of Care (COC) service delivery model and primary care network.
- Use approved triage standards in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient care.
- Apply chronic disease management, palliative, health management, and/or self-care management principles to conduct assessments, identify problems, provide direct care, and address issues or variances from the plan of care.
- Act as a resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information based on nursing theory and practice related to patients with primary level care needs.
ABOUT URGENT AND PRIMARY CARE CENTRES:
Urgent and Primary Care Centres (UPCC) will provide care for people with unexpected, non-life-threatening conditions who need medical attention within 12-24 hours but who don't require a visit to the emergency department – this includes sprains, cuts and wounds, an infection, mild asthma attack and less serious child illness and injury. The multidisciplinary health care team will be staffed by general practitioners, nurse practitioners, registered nurses and social workers.
UPCCs are intended to be an additional service in the community, working in concert with all touch points for care to provide appropriate urgent services to patients, when and where they need it. They do not replace your Emergency nor your Family Physician access rather enhance access to urgent primary care when your doctor is not available and where you do not need emergency level care.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Two (2) years’ recent clinical experience that is relevant to the designated clinical area, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient care.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills within primary care as well as theory and practice within a patient and family centred model of care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant Professional Regulations and Standards (ie. Community Health Nurse of Canada (CHNC) competencies and standards of practice).
- Demonstrated knowledge and demonstrated skill in the provision of evidence-based clinical practice related to primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of provincial acts, regulations, and program policies and guidelines related to home, community and primary care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of acute, chronic disease, mental health and substance use, palliative and health management and self-management support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide culturally safe care to diverse populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Trauma Informed Practice, Harm Reduction and Recovery Oriented Care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to employ effective conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in patient care.
- Demonstrated ability to use research in practice.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult education principles and ability to teach and coach patients and families.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Apply on the VCH website: https://bit.ly/3wbYIKW