Come work as a Registered Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Bella Bella, BC! Relocation Assistance and Staff housing may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join the team at ƛúxválásu'ailas Heiltsuk Hospital in Bella Bella, BC. Apply today to join our team!
This is a seasonal opportunity, 6 months on, 6 months off. You will work from April to September, and be off October to March.
As a Registered Nurse you will:
- Provide nursing care to patients/clients on the inpatient ward.
- Provide nursing care to predominantly older residents in a continuing care setting.
- Provide emergency nursing care to patients/clients of all ages presenting to the emergency department with a wide variety of symptoms.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/resident/patient and/or family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in your nursing practice.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in your nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT BELLA BELLA, BC
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The ƛúxválásu'ailas Heiltsuk Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 long term care beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. ƛúxválásu'ailas Heiltsuk Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
ƛúxválásu'ailas Heiltsuk Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation. It is one of the only provincial hospitals located on a reserve in all of Canada.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing program in emergency or critical care nursing, one (1) year recent, related experience in emergency or critical care nursing, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient/client/resident responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability in the management of trauma in an emergency setting.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, coworkers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel and teach clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership through initiative and independence.
- Demonstrated ability to model and mentor new staff and students.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
Learn more and apply here: https://bit.ly/492Dldp