Come work as a Cardiovascular Perfusionist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Perfusionist to join the Perfusion Services team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Cardiovascular Perfusionist with VCH you will:
- Work under the direct clinical supervision of the Anaesthesiologist and the Surgeon and provide technical support in the direct application of extracorporeal perfusion techniques.
- Monitor physiological responses of patients undergoing open-heart surgery.
- Ensure effective and safe patient care.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in perfusion practice.
- Operate, prepare and maintain perfusion equipment.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated Hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current certification by the Canadian Society of Clinical Perfusion (C.S.C.P.).
- Graduation from an accredited school of Perfusion Technology and one year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of theory and practice for cardiovascular perfusion procedures.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with perfusion equipment.
- Broad knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, medical personnel, other health care staff and students, both one-to-one and in-groups.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and to establish workload prioritizes in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to use departmental and hospital policy and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical and other supplies appropriate to the clinical area.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Basic computer literacy to operate a computerized patient care information system.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.