Come work as a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead to support Occupational Therapists and Allied Health in general. Reporting to the Professional Practice Director, Allied Health, is responsible for promoting excellence and advancing autonomous professional practice relevant to the strategic direction of the organization. Working in close collaboration with the Community of Care (CoC) practice teams and other relevant internal/external partners, the incumbent guides the application and standardization of practice standards, regulations and best practices within the organization. Provides leadership and expert consultative advice on scope of practice, clinical informatics, resource planning and research to enhance the practice environments and achieve effective and efficient quality of care. This work is aligned with VCH’s people-centred values and focused on advancing Indigenous Cultural Safety, anti-racism, equity, diversity, and inclusion.APPLY NOW
As a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Promote consistent care to our patients / clients / residents / families across sites, programs and professions through standardization, integration and promotion of evidence informed best practice.
- Facilitate and recommend program planning and development of practice guidelines for VCH that supports best practices, improved client access, and efficient flow of clients across the care continuum by identifying current practice needs and future directions, reviewing current best practices, consulting with Directors/Managers, using best utilization methods, developing and documenting implementation plans, presenting recommendations, and ensuring deliverables are on time and within mandate.
- Implement, in consultation with Professional Practice Director(s), effective strategies for advancing autonomous professional practice within Service(s)/Program(s) that are consistent with the corporate vision and strategic direction for VCH and Professional Practice.
- Complete specific goals and objectives for approved VCH initiatives/projects by facilitating and supporting team activities, defining and analyzing issues, guiding and directing project activities for one or more nursing/allied health practice projects through developing workplans to plan, organize, direct and control projects, in consultation with Director(s).
- Foster strategic and working relationships with internal and external partners that result in sharing of knowledge, monitoring practice trends, identification of opportunities to promote innovation, exploration and partnerships for improvement, and ensuring consistent delivery of quality practice/services throughout the Service(s)/Program(s) within VCH.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or an Allied Health discipline supplemented with three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including clinical informatics, program planning, education, facilitation and project leadership or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration in the recognized provincial college or professional association.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Understands available resources for practice and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides knowledgeable input into the planning and resources allocation for Service(s)/Program(s) within VCH.
- Demonstrated Clinical Informatics experience.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of practice issues.
- Keeps informed about evolving tends and practices, shares knowledge and supports Nurses and Allied Health staff to integrate evidence-based practice in the delivery of quality care/services.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff and contribute to an atmosphere of trust and mutual respect.
- Extensive experience/base in clinical practice document/protocol development and implementation.
- Extensive understanding of Health Professions Act.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.