Start date is flexible. This is an ideal setting for family practice in a small group for sharing very low overhead. Practice includes opportunity for pediatrics, geriatrics, occupational health, primary care psychiatry, minor surgery, aboriginal health, and community medicine.
- Emo Clinic is a 3 Family Medicine physician practice with about 3000 rostered patients, funded under the RNPGA. Expect to earn $25,000+/month minimum practicing M-F 8hrs per day or Four days per week 10 hrs per day or practice 1/2 or 3/4 time. Schedule is flexibile for full or part time family physicians
- RNGPA has maternity leave available, 66% of base salary is $10, 862 per month. After 6 months practicing the physician will qualify for maternity leave benefit. Term is 17 weeks. The leave can also be 9 weeks maternity leave and 8 weeks parental, so a father can take leave if interested.
- Staff and collegial working conditions with common Physician room and colleagues on site, great for recent grads. Mentorship is available.
- Flexible contract options. Current group members will decrease to part time or locum to cover vacation and CME coverage, to allow for new full time physicians or new part time physicians.
- Associated with Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM), Fort Frances Local Education Group offers NOSM faculty with CME support and academic opportunities
- The clinic has fully digital medical records with Accuro, and access to integrated electronic hospital records and PACS viewing with Thunder Bay Regional.
- Ontario Telehealth Network provides on-site consultant services and education.
- Very adequate clinic suite, recently renovated and expanded, located in the Emo Health Centre with urgent care, three acute care beds, and an attached LTC ward.
- Emo Clinic has Inter-Professional funding for a full time outpatient physiotherapist and nurse practitioner. As well as an excellent physiotherapist, there is also a full time dental office and community counselling down the hall, with diabetic counselling a couple times a month. A Nurse Practitioner has also joined the clinic.
- Excellent work-life balance with time for pursuit of rural lifestyle or travel
- Emo Medical Clinic provides additional incentive to the NRRRI, inquire for details
- ER shifts available at La Verendryre Hospital (30 kms east of Emo)
"I have been locuming regularly in Emo over the past 2 years. Emo is a beautiful town with lots of outdoor activities. Accommodations are good and are close to the clinic. The clinic is well run with a very helpful staff. Phlebotomy is onsite. Xray, Ultrasound, CT and General Surgery and OB/GYN are available in close by Fort Frances. Other major specialists are available in Winnipeg and Thunder Bay. Emo has a well-stocked grocery store and a few restaurants. Fort Frances is close by and has more shopping and restaurants available. I would highly recommend the opportunity for both locum work and a longer-term position in Emo." Dr. Ken Deichert
40 hour clinical work week or part time 20-30 hours per week
There are currently about 3000 patients rostered to the group, plus un-rostered walk ins. Typical weekly volume would be about 80 - 100 patient visits per physician. This is a 3 physician model, currently with 2 physicians.
Since there is no 24 hour emergency department, call-backs are rare. Walk-in clinics on weekends, and in-patients and telephone back-up. There is also opportunity, if desired, to do Emergency shifts for sessional fees in Fort Frances at La Verendrye Hospital. Approximately 17,000 patients per year visit LVGH ER. Fort Frances is 30 KM east of Emo.
The clinic is globally funded under the RNPGA (Rural and Northern Physician Group Agreement). Income comes from global funding, plus stipend for on-call coverage, plus 5% of shadow billings, plus primary care bonuses, plus non-OHIP FFS activities. The group pays salaries and overhead, and divides the remainder among the group. Take home is above average for Canadian physicians. Eligible for Rural Investment Program, and Northern Physician Retention Bonus.
Northern and Rural Recruitment and Retention Initiative of $115,800 is available distributed over 4 years. Community incentive up is available for 2+ year return of service (also distributed over term of ROS) and $10,000 relocation and Emo Medical Clinic incentive is available
Northern Ontario School of Medicine (NOSM) places a second year student for a month clinical rotation twice a year, with an optional summer elective student.
Todd Hamilton, Physician Recruiter for Rainy River District, email@example.com or mobile (807) 275-979424/7 text or call.