The Anesthesiology Department at the Prince County Hospital
is seeking full-time permanent Family Practice Anesthetist to join its team of health care professionals. The FPA is responsible for the care of patients before, during and after surgical operations, labour and delivery, and certain interventional procedures. The Physician will provide anesthetic services to patients for surgical, obstetrical, therapeutic and diagnostic procedures. This will include elective and emergency operations, anesthetic consultations, acute care management services, and other anesthetic. FPA physicians will also have the ability to provide support in the Emergency Department if desired.
Located in Summerside
, the Prince County Hospital is operated by Health PEI, a crown corporation responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island.
This regional hospital has 110-beds with a six bed ICU that provides specialty services in Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Anesthesia, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, ENT and Psychiatry.
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract for service, or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
To discuss remuneration and options in further detail, contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours of work:
• Full-time hours for a salaried physician is defined as 37.5 hours per week.
• Full-time contract-for-service hours is based on a maximum of 1,725 hours per year.
• Qualified and licensable candidates may be eligible for a return in service grant of $80,000 with a 4 year (7,800 hour) commitment.
• Eligible moving expense reimbursements are available.
• Opportunity to teach with the PEI Residency Training Program with faculty appointment at Dalhousie University.
• Hospital based electronic patient record system.
• Other incentives as per the Master Agreement.
Certifications and other requirements:
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.