TADH - Hospitalist Locum Opportunities
Join us in beautiful Northern Ontario!
The Timmins and District Hospital (TADH) is seeking Hospitalist Locums to join our team for the balance of 2023.
The Timmins and District Hospital is a 153-bed district hospital serving a local population of 41,000 and a catchment area of 110,000. TADH is a fully accredited referral and teaching hospital and offers a full range of Medical, Surgical, Critical Care, Maternal/Child, Long Term Care, and Mental Health and Addiction Services. Affiliated with the NOSM University, in addition to several colleges and universities in Ontario, our hospital actively supports ongoing learning opportunities for medical residents and learners, post-secondary and high school students.
Details of the Hospitalist work are as follows:
- Hospitalists are on-call for their patients 7 consecutive days starting on a Friday at 08:00 hrs.
- Hospitalists are on-call for new admissions 1/3 of the week according to the schedule. Admissions typically come from the ER or the ICU.
- Call starts at 08:00 hrs and ends the next day at 08:00 hrs. Your patients are primarily Medical Patients. Emergency physicians do admit orders and will also hold calls from 23:00 hrs until the next am at 07:00 hrs before calling. Admissions are divided equally among the three or four hospitalists, usually when you meet in the am.
- The first day starts on Friday at 08:00 with transfer rounds from the departing hospitalist (or the Thursday evening over the phone). This is a verbal transfer of MRP duties to you. On the Friday following your last day (or Thursday evening), you are expected to provide the next hospitalist with a verbal transfer of your patients’ care.
- You have access to consultants in Medicine, General Surgery, ENT, Psychiatry, Orthopedics, Anesthesia, GI, Internal Medicine, Nephrology and have an excellent DI Dept with state-of-the-art CT and MRI.
- Although workload can vary, hospitalists usually carry 16-20 patients each and end up billing anywhere from 30-40 patients/week. Total remuneration ranges from $14,000-$15,000 on a 3 Hospitalist week or $10,000-$12,000 on a 4 Hospitalist week.
- We currently use Meditech and progress notes need to be entered in the EMR.
- Your traveling expenses of airfare or mileage, car rental, and accommodations will be covered.
Approval based on successful credentialling for medical staff privileges. Physicians require an independent practice license with CPSO and active OHIP billing number.
For more information, please contact Corey Krupa, Physician Recruiter at: firstname.lastname@example.org