Health PEI is seeking a 1.0 FTE permanent Infectious Disease Specialist to join the Internal Medicine Department. This position is a provincial resource with the primary practice location at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital and supporting the Prince County Hospital in Summerside, PEI. The successful candidate will join a large internal medicine group who share equitable call
Infectious Disease Specialists are responsible to provide consultation on patients with complex infectious diseases in the ambulatory and inpatient settings including but not limited to:
- Nosocomial infections
- Hepatitis C
- Mycobacterial infections
- Antibiotic resistant organisms
- Parasitic and tropical infections
- Respiratory viruses including SARS CoV-2
- Provide advice on antibiotic choice, delivery method and duration. NB formal antimicrobial stewardship is not considered part of this role
- Provide clinical advice on outbreaks. NB formal infection prevention and control is not considered part of this role
In addition this role will be essential in assessing the additional needs for infectious diseases physicians in PEI and helping to grow the program.
Health PEI, a crown corporation, is responsible for the delivery of publicly funded health services in Prince Edward Island. Health PEI’s head office is located at 16 Garfield Street, Charlottetown, PEI.
One (1.0 FTE) position beginning immediately
Physicians have the option of choosing a salary, contract-for-service, or fee-for-service payment modality. Information related to payment modalities, including salary; hourly contract-for-service rate; fee-for-service tariff of fees; blended payments (shadow billings); on-call payments; and benefits including paid vacation entitlements, CME funding, RRSP program, and more can be found in the Master Agreement.
Please contact the Recruitment and Retention Secretariat at email@example.com
to discuss remuneration information and options in further detail.
Hours of Work:
- Full-time hours (37.5 hours per week) and on-call coverage as required
- This position is eligible for a Return-in-Service Grant and moving expense reimbursement;
- Faculty appointments at Dalhousie and Memorial Universities are available for teaching students and residents, without remuneration;
- Electronic health record that provides province-wide access to hospital and outpatient clinic notes, lab and imaging;
- Opportunities to participate and take leadership positions in local and national committees; and
- Other incentives as per the Master Agreement
Certifications and Other Requirements:
- FRCPC or eligibility for Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada certification;
- Eligibility for licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island; and
- Appointment to the Health PEI Medical Staff and appropriate privileging.
To apply, send C.V. to:
Physician Recruitment Coordinator
Recruitment & Retention Secretariat
(902) 368-6302; firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Care Workers are required to provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination as per Health PEI’s Covid-19 Immunization and Management Policy. In the event that a new hire is unable to be vaccinated as a result of a medical exemption they will be required to submit supporting documentation to Employee Health / Wellness and Safety.
“In the event of a discrepancy in information on this website and the Master Agreement, the Master Agreement shall prevail.”