DEPARTMENT: RENAL (HEMODIALYSIS) - KIDNEY
POSITION: ONE (1) TEMPORARY PART TIME REGISTERED NURSE (APPROX. 9 MONTHS)
SITE: NBRHC – NORTH BAY
HOURS: DAYS, EVENINGS, NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS
The Renal unit provides hemodialysis for patients who require renal replacement therapy. The unit can provide treatments for up to sixteen patients at one time. The team includes Nephrologists, Registered Nurses, Renal Aides, Dietitians, Social Workers, Clerks, Biomedical staff, and Volunteers.
- Current Certificate of Registration ~ College of Nurses of Ontario in good standing required
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers (HCP) Certificate required (recent within the last twelve months)
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Certificate required (training delivered by Health Centre upon hire)
- Recent (1-2 years) experience in hemodialysis (within past 2-3 years) required
- Recent (1-2 years) experience in Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD) (within the last 2-3 years) required
- Minimum (2 - 3 years) Medical/Surgical experience (within the last 2-3 years) required
- On-Call requirede
- Recent (2-3 years) experience in Nephrology clinic setting with nephrology, pre-dialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis (PD) and post-transplant patients (within last 2-3 years) an asset
- Nephrology (C-Neph (C)) Certification an asset
- Ability to problem solve and handle crisis situations, client/family issues in a calm and capable manner required
- Demonstrated commitment to maintain competency in Nephrology and in leadership through ongoing education and practice
- Must demonstrate excellent level of interpersonal skills
- Must demonstrate excellent level of written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with all members of the multidisciplinary team, clients, families, regional support services and community partners required
- Ability to provide health teaching to individuals and groups required
- Must be committed to continuing education on an annual basis and demonstrate commitment to quality improvement required
- Ability to effectively assume a leadership role as a collaborative member of the health team required
- Ability to assume responsibility for patient care in a total patient care climate required
- Able to meet the physical demands required to provide nursing care to all patients required
- Ability to problem-solve and function in fast-paced environment required
- Excellent demonstrated assessment, critical thinking and intervention skills required
- Must demonstrate basic computer knowledge
- Must demonstrate commitment to ensure personal safety, safety of fellow workers, patients, volunteers, and visitors
- Ability to support and contribute to a culture of safety and prevention of adverse health events required
- Must demonstrate good attendance and work record
- Bilingualism (Advanced level English/French) is required. All unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply and may be considered if the identified French requirement has been met or there are no successful bilingual candidates. A formal French test will be conducted to evaluate the proficiency level.
North Bay Regional Health Centre (NBRHC) is a unique health care organization with three primary roles: providing acute care services to North Bay and its surrounding communities, functioning as the district referral centre providing specialist services for smaller communities in the area, and it’s the specialized mental health service provider serving all of northeast Ontario. At more than 400 beds, our state-of-the-art regional health centre has over 150 physicians, 2300 employees and 250 volunteers.
For more information about the NBRHC, visit www.nbrhc.on.ca
North Bay is located 3.5 hours north of Toronto, just north of the district of Muskoka, and 3.5 hours west of Ottawa. With a population of 54,000 and a catchment area of 180,000, it is a safe and welcoming community that offers a healthy and balanced environment for working, living and raising a family. North Bay is situated on the shores of two large lakes (Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake) and boasts beautiful scenery and four distinct seasons. Whatever your interests are, you will have access to numerous activities and amenities within minutes from your home–reclaim your work-life balance and join us!
To see more of beautiful North Bay and learn about our lifestyle, visit www.northbay.ca
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check recent within six (6) months is a requirement
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume and cover letter quoting File ONA CS-23-192 to: email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest.
An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
NBRHC is committed to achieving 100% compliance with its COVID-19 Vaccine Policy. As a result, please be advised that in
order to be eligible for employment at the Health Centre, all new hires must be compliant with our COVID-19 Vaccination
Policy and must be fully vaccinated prior to commencing employment. To be considered fully vaccinated, an individual must
have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine or a combination of COVID-19 vaccines approved by the World Health
Organization (e.g. two doses of a two-dose vaccine series or one dose of a single-dose vaccine series) and received the final
dose of the COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days ago.
The requirement that successful applicants be fully vaccinated is subject to any accommodation obligations pursuant to the
Ontario Human Rights Code.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for disability during any stage of the
recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.