Come work as an Adult Job Developer with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Adult Job Developer
to join the Gastown Vocational Services team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!As an Adult Job Developer, you will:
- Provide supported employment services for adult clients with mental health disabilities.
- Establish rapport with clients and their family; encourage and support the attainment of educational and/or employment goals.
- Provide support to assist clients to obtain information on volunteer and/or employment opportunities and/or job training/retraining initiatives and programs.
- Provide life skills and pre-employment skills training as needed to clients as part of their volunteer and/or employment readiness.
- Interview clients to identify interests, skills, values, job readiness and suitability for employment and /or volunteer opportunities.
- Provide assistance with resume writing, job search and retention skills.
- Facilitate resume and/or interview preparation workshops.
- Identify prospective employers within the community appropriate to client’s work profiles.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vocational resource organizations, provincial and federal vocational programs, wage subsidy programs, etc. to foster employment opportunities for client group.
Education & Experience
- Community Social Service Diploma or completion of a recognized program in psychosocial rehabilitation or equivalent.
- Two years' recent related experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Valid BC Drivers license and access to a personal vehicle for which the Employer will pay mileage
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Knowledge of community, social, mental health and health resources.
- Knowledge of employment marketing and coaching individual’s with disabilities.
- Ability to demonstrate and assist client with development employment and training skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish/maintain working relationships with external agencies.
- Proven computer skills and ability to utilize contemporary software applications including MSWord, Excel, Outlook and the Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, to work independently with minimal direction, to problem solve, take initiative, anticipate potential problems/conflicts and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to work within a team environment and operate standard office equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.