Come work as a Coordinator, Consumer and/or Family with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Coordinator, Consumer and/or Family with a Master's Degree in a related field
to join the South Mental Health and Substance Use team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Coordinator, Consumer and/or Family with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Support mental health and/or addiction services and undertake a lead role in planning and supporting the engagement of client and/or family members, engaging staff to support client and/or family-centred program implementation and policy development.
- Coordinate client and/or family engagement (as applicable to designated program) in planning, contribute to consultation processes and identify advocacy supports required.
- Develop and implement a range of engagement strategies and identifies potential for engagement initiatives.
- Participate in planning, offer educational skill enhancement and develop effective network relationships to increase the capacity of all stakeholders to support client and/or family engagement initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in a related field, supplemented by three (3) years’ recent, related experience working with clients and/or their families, facilitating client and family engagement processes and initiatives, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License required. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement will be paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership skills with diverse populations and stakeholder groups.
- Knowledge and experience in community engagement, development and facilitation.
- Demonstrated ability in change management and change processes, including conflict management.
- Knowledge of mental health, community resources and other community service providers.
- Broad knowledge of mental health and/or addiction legislation and treatment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients and their families, physicians, colleagues, other community and health care providers, both one-on-one and in groups.
- Demonstrated ability to work with community partners and clients with diverse backgrounds.
- Sound knowledge of the broad determinants of health.
- Sound knowledge of participatory community-based planning, evaluation, outcome evaluation, policy development and analysis skills.
- Demonstrated community engagement and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Advanced word-processing skills, Excel spreadsheet and database programs
- Knowledge of Internet networking.
- Ability to organize/prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.