Come work as a Respiratory Therapy Clinical Educator with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Respiratory Therapy Clinical Educator to join the COPD Outreach Team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Respiratory Therapy Clinical Educator at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Respiratory Services to clients across the continuum of care from ambulatory to community care while working without general supervision.
- Develop relationships across the continuum with various practitioners, physicians, acute care and community service providers to promote respiratory health
- Act as a clinical leader by providing expertise/support regarding equipment, supplies and education, and educate clients/families and a variety of practitioners regarding respiratory care and pulmonary rehabilitation related to COPD.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care Credentialing Exam.
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
- Certified Respiratory Educator.
- Three years’ recent, related experience in COPD assessment including training and practice in clinical respiratory therapy and staff education/training or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid Class 5 vehicle license as travel within the local geographic area requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of current respiratory therapy theory and practice within a client/family centred model for care.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver educational programs for clients, health care professionals, and students.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and respond to new or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and work direction.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict situations.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge to apply program and discipline specific policy and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage projects and demands in an environment of continual change.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheets and database skills.
- Demonstrated skills in CPR technique.
- Demonstrated skill in the use of medical equipment and supplies appropriate to the program.
- Demonstrated skills in techniques appropriate to the program.
- Demonstrated ability and skills to perform the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.